- Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon SAA unity.
- For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority — a loving God as expressed in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
- The only requirement for SAA membership is a desire to stop addictive sexual behavior.
- Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or SAA as a whole.
- Each group has but one primary purpose — to carry its message to the sex addict who still suffers.
- An SAA group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the SAA name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
- Every SAA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
- Sex Addicts Anonymous should remain forever nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
- SAA, as such, ought never be organized, but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
- Sex Addicts Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the SAA name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
- Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, TV, and films.
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.
The Twelve Traditions
"Just as the Steps teach us the spiritual principles necessary for healthy individual recovery, the Traditions embody the spiritual principles necessary for the healthy functioning of our groups."
— Sex Addicts Anonymous, p. 76
Adhering to these principles safeguards our fellowship, thus protecting the recovery of each individual member. We have found that they also help us to act with integrity in our personal relationships and as responsible members of society.
Support the ISO
Our 7th Tradition Committee set a LifeLine Partnership goal of $20,000 per month.
We currently have 564
Download the NEW handout
Find a Meeting Now
Select a State, Province, or Country:
Download Our Newsletter
USA / Canada:
10 am - 6 pm Central Time
Monday - Friday
ISO of SAA
PO Box 70949
Houston, TX 77270 USA
Confidentiality Statement Be advised that under Texas State law, disclosures of abuse or neglect of minors must be reported to the authorities. SAA staff can provide more information on reporting and disclosure issues.
The 12 Steps