SAA Relationship with the Press
As noted above, the public relations policy of Sex Addicts Anonymous® is based on attraction. We do not engage in promotional activities. However, we do wish to cooperate with members of the Press and media outlets and to serve as a source of information about the SAA recovery program, when asked.
Because of our responsibility to protect the personal anonymity of our members and the potential of sensationalism surrounding the subject of sex addiction, we have developed formal procedures for receiving and responding to requests from the Press for comments, interviews, or media appearances.
To expedite a request, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name and contact information for the person making the request.
- Name and contact information for the editor or producer of the piece.
- Purpose of the presentation.
- Subject(s) to be covered.
- Questions to asked (if available).
- Anticipated audience, especially for speaker or broadcast media.
- Specific plans to protect personal anonymity.
- Production schedule.
- Provisions, if any, for travel, if required.
For additional information:
Please review this website at your leisure to learn more about SAA and our Twelve Step program of recovery.
For a hard copy of our media kit or to request a speaker, please contact the ISO office at the email address or telephone numbers on this website.